Monday, November 28, 2005

Flickr.

Okay, so I have some pictures of the cathedral in Ottawa on my newly updated flickr site, so...

www.flickr.com/photos/pasivirta

if you are so inclined,
and...I will be coming home in a few weeks, I thought it appropriate to announce to my pipe smoking brethren that recently bestowed upon myself was a gift of sorts, a rack, containing six places for six pipes, all of which are SO cool, and fairly old, but most of them made out of great wood. anyways. A friend from the antiochian church here was moving, and I helped him move yesterday, and I exclaimed something about the pipes, he had them in his 'to get rid of' pile, and I asked him if he really was going to get rid of them? and he asked if I wanted them. so, they are on their way to st. herman's. I will be saving the christening of them until the 12 days of Christmas, as their is a need for this fast to include tobacco. this semester has been good in many ways, though my lungs may not be in such agreement.

So, this antiochian church is really cool, I have already had a few odd jobs, moving, helping fix a light (future tense) and made a few bucks to help me home, so thank God for the orthodox church. it is so great.
you know, Bishop Seraphim told me that he was once the priest here. its a cool church, sort of small, like us, and they need a new building too.

I wore my flip-flops today, and I post that knowing that in chilliwack there is snow, and maybe vancouver...? its 15 above here. sweet.


can't wait to see you all.

5 comments:

elizabeth said...

yes Bishop Seraphim was a priest there for a year in the 80's. the church was not in that building back then though. it is a nice little church... i think i know who you were helping move :) (i was at my friend's place in london last week on my way to MI and then back again to Ottawa). be careful w. ur lungs; i have seen what pipes and other things can do (family memebers of mine). will have to have a look @ the pictures. safe travels to u...

Matthew Francis said...

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them. I've been trying to imagine the cathedral in my mind without much success. What is the verse there on the arch above the altar?

elizabeth said...

well... that was there from the catholic church that they took over[forgive me for answering dave]... [or the 2 cathedral dwellers]... let's see if i can remember: our life, our sweetness, our hope

kimberley francis said...

i like the trees very much. were they birch trees? if so, did you peel some bark and write some letters? that would be great if you did.

Gabe said...

Did you by chance meet a Dave Grier there, Dave?
he brought pictures back to our church and I was like I remember hearing about that church and there you were in a picture. It was cool. nice beard by the way.