Thursday, November 17, 2005

Precious in the eyes of the Lord are the deaths of his saints

Thank you all for praying. My Grandfather died this morning about 3 AM EST. My Grandmother was there, holding his hand and heard his breathing change. My Mom called to tell me before work at 7 AM my time. I will be trying to go to London ON tomorrow and then the rest of the way home on Saturday; visitation will probably be Saturday and Sunday night, with the funeral on Monday.

I am very comforted by all of your comments and prayers. My family are Christians but not Orthodox Christians so at times that is a bit difficult for me in situations like this. Praise God that as an Orthodox Christian I can still freely pray for the soul of my Grandfather, whose last words to me were that prayer is the best thing we can ever do.

Now I have to get ready for work--of course this would be a day with 2 meetings at work, the first at 9 am. Thank you so much for praying. I really appreciate it and hope to return the honour when ever my prayers are needed for any of you.

4 comments:

Matthew Francis said...

OUr thought and prayers are with you.

May his memory be eternal...

kimberley francis said...

Big hug, sweet girl.
Praying for you and your family...

Unknown said...

Αιωνία μνήμη -- May his memory be eternal.

God Bless always,
Neo

Kassianni said...

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
~Camus

much love and prayers sent your way Elizabeth!