Tuesday, December 13, 2005

St. Herman

Well, being in Fargo ND, I have not been to church tonight to celebrate, but in spirit, right?
however, I want to express how excited I am to be a part of St. Herman's. I spent last night in wheaton Illinois, driving around with Sufjan serenading me, arriving at Isaiah and Elise's house, around 10pm. They were so hospitable, Jude and Esme were so cute, I got to hang out with them a bit in the morning. Jude has good taste in music, as was earlier reported somewhere in cyberspace.
but what was so crazy, and so normal all at once was the way that they had food for me, a great tasting beer aptly named Trinity, and were forthcoming with their story, asked me about mine. It was like I had known them for a long time. Christian hospitality at its finest, the kind I have grown used to being a part of this great family. anyways. It was great. I look forward to when they come back to vancouver.

St. Herman's taxi is continuing to run well, thank you for your prayers.
reading here, I understand more, like Peter said, how we all need each other to pray for each other. So many needs, many things to celebrate, but many things to hold up in prayer.

Happy Feast Day! Through the prayers of our Holy Father Herman of Alaska, Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us.

5 comments:

Matthew Francis said...

Wow. Fargo. I've seen the movie.

That's great you got to see Isaiah, Elise, and Jude. They are such a warm Christian family.

Travelling mercies!

Fr. Justin (Edward) said...

Good to hear you're on the way home. Praying for you!

Love in Christ,

Fr. Justin.

kimberley francis said...

so pleased to hear of your time with the hoogendyks. they are so very loved by us and so missed. i look forward to when they will be canadians once more.


when you mentioned sufjan, i was thinking at first that they surprised you with a drive-a-bout with the actual sufjan, which wouldn't be entirely out of the question.

they are incredibly lovely.

elizabeth said...

very cool that you saw them! sigh. wish i could too... :)

Isaiah and Elise said...

Thank you for your kind words. I know they are meant with deepest sincerity (yet light-heartedness too!). May continuing journey be "uneventful" as they say. Don't let the snow get you. Looking forward to being with all of you together.