Thursday, January 05, 2006

another request.

I know Kurt sent out an email prayer request this morning, or last night, but I would like to request one of all of you.
Jonah saw a pediatrician today, and she was, frankly, baffled. He is over his strep-throat, but continues to vomit (2 or 3 times a week) and lose weight.
She ordered a battery of tests for him, so all day we made the rounds of the hospital, the lab, the x-ray clinic, etc. (I think I picked something up along the way, I'm feeling awful now, but that could be the endlessness of the day combined with the emotional stress of it all).
He's had every fluid imaginable taken from him, and hopefully this will solve the case. I'm feeling a little fragile about all this, and managing to keep myself in check. We were at the x-ray clinic at the end of the day, and it was all I could do to 'breath down' some tears watching my son standing barefoot in a small hospital gown before that big machine in that cold cold room. I don't want to alarm him or anybody. God grant, this may turn out to be something simple like a virul infection of some sort. The doctor mentioned Celiac disease, and at this point, if that's all it was, I would be vastly relieved. Wow, the fears that race through your mind. I've done my best to dismiss them, but please pray for Jonah, for us. When you're in the midst of the testing, the labs, the hospital, it's hard to keep your imaginings at bay.
Thanks everyone.

10 comments:

Gabe said...

I have been and will continue to pray for Jonah and your family. After the first time you gave us news that he wasn't well, I started to worry a bit. Lord have mercy.
Give my love to Jonah and the rest of the family.

RW said...

Thanks for the call back Victoria. I will touch base with you guys tomorrow.

You are all in our prayers. We love you.

MommaKim said...

The memory of your Prophet Jonah,
We celebrate today, O Lord.
By his prayers we entreat you:
O Christ God, save our souls!
Troparion Tone 2

Let's all ask the Holy Prophet Jonah to intercede on behalf of his name's sake, Jonah.

elizabeth said...

will pray... hugs from ottawa...

Matthew Francis said...

Amen! Jonah's in our prayers for sure...

Magdalen said...

I am absolutely praying for Jonah, and all of you. Let Jonah know that I'm praying for him and thinking of him, will you?
Hang in there Vic. You're not alone.

kimberley francis said...

Your boy is our boy. May the answers and help come quickly.

Holy Mother of God, please ask your Son to send help to Jonah right away. And to please send comfort and reassurance for his mom. We love her very much.

True Theotokos we look to you.

thomasw said...

i hope you guys are keeping your chins up?! i am sure this nothing, jonah is going to be just fine. god has always taken care of his own and no doubt he will continue to do so. i will pray specifically for jonah's health and vitality, and for the comforting of the rest of the jordan clan: in times like this it is well to consider the wisdom in your jordan family motto: percussus resurgo!

(Stricken (or beaten, smashed), I rise again!)

Kassianni said...

Thank you all so much.
I've felt your prayers and have been granted some peace. The test results are not back yet, in fact, the pediatrician called our house yesterday (saturday) and asked when we had done them, because she hadn't received any results yet (we'd done almost all of them the same day, the results are just taking a bit, it seems).
We're very impressed, reassured, releived, at her diligence and care. (dr. didi harries).
He still has an ultrasound to do on wednesday, but the results should all be in by this time next week.
Please pray for discernment for dr.harries, that this mystery may be solved.

elizabeth said...

thanks for the update... prayers continuing...