Sunday, March 19, 2006

The Vancouver Bug.

Hello everyone. I hope this is not an inappropriate use of the Spruce Island blog, but I just wanted to let everyone know that we have purchased one-way plane tickets to Vancouver for May 31. Yes, this means it is official. We are moving out there. Please pray for us as we have many things to work out (passports, visas, school, jobs, living situations, etc.) before we leave. But, one way or another, we'll be arriving. One thing in particular to think about is our need of a vehicle (preferably cheap but reliable, definitely nothing fancy). This is indeed an exciting time for us, as a family. And I hope I'm not being too presumptuous saying that many there are excited about us coming. Either way, your friendship has compelled us to come back.

I guess that is about everything. We'll keep you posted about any further details. Thanks a lot!

10 comments:

Magdalen said...

Yay! That it such fantastic news. You will continue to be in our prayers. We have missed having you at St Herman's very very much. It will be lovely to have you home at last.

myn said...

YAY!!! you are coming back!!! this is amazing. you will be in my prayers while you plan and travel...

Mr. P said...

WAAAAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

definetely an exciting thing. we will find you places to live, things to drive, jobs to work at, well, at least begin to start finding them for you, and if you live close to where I and Biss and Phil live, you can always borrow my car at first...do you want to live in langley or vancouver or...
help us help you. ha. infomercial coming up...

Fr. Justin (Edward) said...

Great news! May God bless you and keep you and direct your steps and bring you safely here with all His speed! We look forward to having you back!

elizabeth said...

blessings on all of this -- may God guide, uphold, protect and bless you in everyway as you go through this transition...

kimberley francis said...

Hey Isaiah,

So delighted!

We'll be passing ships in the night somewhat as May 31st seems to be the date I will be casting off for my proposed summer at sea.

Maybe my trip will be delayed a smidgen... it sure would be fun to have a little time with you guys before I go!

Ah, by the way,I picked up a nice little woolen number for Jude at the rummage sale on Sunday. A nice cashmere-y caramel little boy sweater!

He's still shorter than I am by a little I hope! :)

Kassianni said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter T Chattaway said...

Coolness.

kimberley francis said...

i wouldn't say my jetta purrs like a kitten but it does keep the prayer life regular. you're welcome to keep it limber for me till october or so.

i won't be offended if you keep your ears open for better offers.
:) (laughing out loud at my own poor little jetta)

though it IS a '92 hey, a mighty huge step up from the old '86 that i had prior. the one you had to enter dukes of hazzard style. ask peter chataway about that!

by the way...that reminds me peter, of matthew that time saying to me on the phone, from Edmonton:
"what?!?!?!?...PETER T. CHATTAWAY?!, Kim are you for real?!? You had THE Peter Chattaway, like the film critic, Peter Chattaway in YOUR car!?"

I like that story. :)

Isaiah and Elise said...

Fun stuff, from all of you (and I especially enjoyed the little anecdote from Kimberley). Thanks for your love for us. Once again, we'll keep you further posted.