Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I like this one:

dear Fellow Casualty,

I think that God alone can Love. Only God can hold up against the force of Love --violent and immense-- which is His Nature. Man can't give or receive love without being killed. So the Trinity intervenes. You asked me once why there is any creation at all --and why a fall and a redemption thrown into the whole mess? I don't know. I suspect that the outcome of all this will be the miracle of having beings who are able to enter, living, into the Love of God. He Loves first, and then dies. We die first, and then Love. After our dying, and His, we have this in common: The Life of Christ. Before there was no mutuality. Now, we share the Cross and the Resurrection, the bridge of Love.

Creation / Fall / Salvation, and the impossible is accomplished: Men can bear the weight of Love.



yours,

St. Precarious

found here.

No comments: